There are plenty of diets that can give you guidelines on a making a healthier you, but none of them work without some essential foundation information, and that starts with you. I have seen and heard a lot of evidence that shows why people succeed at getting healthier. It’s not just one thing, trick, or diet that helps keep the weight off. There’s so much more to it. What works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another. That’s why developing your own plan is essential. Here are my best bet steps to a healthier you.
- Commitment – Be fully committed to making your health a priority. Know that there’s no quick fix and you must commit to a process. A healthier version of yourself is out there. Make it happen.
- Research – Research, research, research. Yes, it sounds like a lot of work, and it is. Reading one paragraph won’t be enough. You must be willing to read more, about all aspects of health and fitness. Evaluate everything and make the best choices for your long term plan.
- Get a Coach – Use a friend, group, or a coach to help you. Lifestyle choices can be very personal. Once you’re committed to improving yours, let someone help you. Remember that you’ve spent a lifetime developing your eating and exercise habits so kicking the bad ones may take a little longer than you want them to and pulling a team together to do this will give you a great chance at success.
- Make Drastic Changes – Be open to drastic changes. There are foods that are causing you harm. Know that the longer you keep them around, the longer it will take to get to your best. Get rid of bad foods for good, not just a few weeks.
- Accountability – Tell others what you’re going to accomplish. By sharing your intentions to be healthy, you’re holding yourself accountable and you may even inspire others to do the same.
These really work, hand in hand. If you think about it, trying one of these without the others may only yield results for a short time. Start working on your plan be that healthier version of you, today!